Oct. 13, 2017
CLEVELAND - The NAIA Athletics Directors Association (NAIA-ADA) Board of Directors is pleased to announce the launch of the 2017-18 membership cycle and dues structure in partnership with the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA).
As the NAIA-ADA has continued to grow, the need for a partnership with a professional development organization became apparent. In the business of collegiate athletics, there is no such organization greater than NACDA, which also manages several other Athletics Directors Associations. This full partnership between NACDA and the NAIA-ADA has been a work in progress for the past several years, and now the NAIA-ADA Board of Directors is excited to provide you the following important details regarding the partnership.
Below is a guide to the 2017-18 NAIA-ADA Membership Cycle:
- The 2017-18 membership cycle will run October 31 through August 31
- The 2018-19 and subsequent membership cycles will run September 1 to August 31 to align with all other NACDA Affiliate Associations
- Dues will be $75 per person or $150 for a group of four (4) individuals
- An individual invoice has been placed in each NAIA Athletics Directors account within the NACDA membership system. To access this invoice, simply visit http://members.nacda.com. Your username will be your email address. If you have never accessed an account through NACDA, you may simply select "forgot password" and follow the necessary steps to create your login. If you would prefer a copy of the invoice be emailed to you, please request it from NAIA-ADA Intern, Devaun Bovell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Membership dues will be due by Friday, December 1st each year
Member Benefits for the NAIA-ADA are listed below:
- Belong to a professional organization created by and for athletics directors at NAIA institutions
- Utilize a professional development organization for the exchange of current practices and discussion of evolving trends in NAIA intercollegiate athletics
- Receive the quarterly NAIA-ADA e-newsletter
- Receive a complimentary copy of NACDA's quarterly magazine Athletics Administration, which contains the "NAIA-ADA Corner," highlighting current NAIA intercollegiate athletics management applications
- Receive the NACDA Daily Review, a web clipping service that contains articles on intercollegiate athletics from web sites across the country. The NACDA Daily Review arrives via email five days a week
- NAIA-ADA members will have the opportunity to submit content from their institutions to this service
- Opportunity to participate in the NAIA-ADA mentorship program
- Opportunity to enhance professional development by serving on a NAIA-ADA Committee
- Reduced registration rates for the NACDA & Affiliates Convention Week, as well as the opportunity to attend NACDA's other annual meetings
- Discounted price to post open positions on the NACDA & Affiliates Job Center
The other Athletics Directors Associations that NACDA manages are: the Division II Athletics Directors Association (D2ADA), National Association of Division III Athletic Administrators (NADIIIAA) , Division I-AAA Athletics Directors Associations (I-AAA ADA), Football Championship Subdivision Athletics Directors Association (FCS ADA), and the National Association of Two-Year College Athletic Administrators (NATYCAA).
If you would like more information on NACDA and it's affiliates, please feel free to review the NACDA marketing brochure or visit www.nacda.com.
In addition to officially joining as a member, we highly encourage you to follow @NAIAADA on Twitter, for the latest association news and alerts.
About NAIA-ADA: The NAIA-ADA is comprised of athletics administrators from the nearly 250 institutions representing 21 conferences competing in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). The purpose of the NAIA-ADA is to engage our Athletics Directors with meaningful collaboration, forums and national recognition; empower our Athletics Directors in their professional development and leadership roles in the NAIA; and promote NAIA Athletics Directors' collective voice on issues affecting membership and college athletics on a national scale. For more information about the NAIA-ADA, please visit www.naiaada.com. The NAIA-ADA is administered by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA), which is in its 53rd year. For more information on NACDA and the 17 professional associations that fall under its umbrella, please visit www.nacda.com.