Dec. 5, 2017
CLEVELAND - The NACMA Board of Directors and Awards Committee are pleased to launch the 2017-18 NACMA "Best Of" Awards Program.
Once again this year, nominations are being accepted in 14 awards categories. There have been a few changes made to the categories, so please ensure you review them prior to submitting your nomination(s). As always, each category will have a gold, silver, and bronze award winner in three groups. Similar to last year, the winners in four (4) categories will be chosen by the NACMA membership. Those "People's Choice" categories are: Intro Video, Revenue-Producing Video, Fan Giveaway Promotion and Promotional Schedule Poster. All other categories will be voted on by NACMA Past Presidents, NACMA Conference Reps or other NACMA Committee members.
The Awards Committee has included a set of criteria that each submission will be judged on. These criteria were established to maintain transparency through the judging process and provide further guidance to the membership.
PLEASE NOTE: For the second year, the results of the NACMA "Best Of" Awards will be attributed to the NACMA Marketing Team of the Year Award (MTOYA), presented by SuperFan judging as well. Each gold submission will earn three (3) bonus points in the final judging process, while silver will earn two (2) bonus points and each bronze will earn one (1) bonus point.
To submit your work for the NACMA Best of Awards, simply follow these five (5) easy steps:
- Find your submission group by clicking here. (NOTE: All FBS institutions = Group I; All FCS/Division I-AAA institutions = Group II; All non-division I schools by basketball affiliation = Group III)
- View the categories and judging criteria by clicking here (As noted above these have been slightly adjusted).
- Login to the NACMA Community (nacma.nacda.com) and add a new best practice. (NOTE: Please include your institutions name in the title of the best practice when you upload it)
- Complete the nomination form (IMPORTANT NOTE: You must include the URL to the best practice you uploaded to the NACMA Community in this nomination form).
- Repeat these steps for each category you plan to submit a nomination (Only ONE (1) submission will be considered per category).
The deadline to submit the entries is Friday, February 9, but all members are encouraged to upload best practices throughout the year.
All winners will be recognized at NACMA's 27th Annual Convention, June 28-30 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
In addition to submitting your own institutions best practices for the NACMA "Best Of" Awards, members are being encouraged to utilize the #NACMAGold when they see great best practices being shared through social media by colleagues. This is intended to bring additional recognition to that particular best practice, but also remind members to submit their nominations for consideration.
If you have any questions, please contact Kassandra Garcia in the NACMA Office at 440-788-7480 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
About NACMA: NACMA is the first organization of its kind to provide educational and networking opportunities; enhancement of acceptable operating standards and ethics; and establishment of the overall prestige and understanding of the profession of athletics marketing administrators. For more information about NACMA, please visit www.nacma.com. NACMA is administered by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA), which is in its 52nd year. For more information on NACDA and the 17 professional associations that fall under its umbrella, please