Oct. 17, 2017
CLEVELAND - The NACMA Board of Directors is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the 2017 Mike Cleary Convention Stipend Program. The program’s application process was moved up to provide our successful applicants additional time to make their travel arrangements. Each stipend is valued at $1,000 and up to 30 will be awarded. The deadline to apply is Friday, November 17, 2017. The hotel and Convention registration processes will not launch until early February.
To apply for one of the Mike Cleary Stipends, please follow these two simple steps:
- Review the application criteria below to ensure you qualify
- Click here to complete the application form
Objective – To identify members of NACMA who fall into one of the five identified categories (Student, Entry-Level, Diversity, LGBTQ, Small School) and have the desire to attend the annual Convention in Washington, D.C. June 28 – 30th, 2018. NACMA is seeking individuals who want to advance their collegiate marketing career, enhance their ability to generate revenue for their institution, and take advantage of valuable networking opportunities with numerous collegiate marketing administrators.
Goal – To increase the number of young professionals, minority, LGBTQ, and small school attendees at the NACMA Convention in Washington, D.C. and recognize some of the best up-and-coming prospects in collegiate marketing.
Requirements for Nominees:
- Must be a current dues paying member of NACMA.
- Must fall into one of the following categories:
- Student (includes undergrads, GA's, and full-time interns)
- Entry-Level (less than 3 years full-time in collegiate marketing)
- Small School (employed at non-Division I institution)
- Duties must involve collegiate marketing
Selected recipients will receive: (total value of $1,000)
- Convention Registration. ($425 value)
- NACMA Young Professionals Workshop Registration for Student/Entry-Level recipients. ($75 value)
- The remaining balance may be utilized to offset the cost of lodging (room and tax only) and/or airfare.
Recipients will be reimbursed for travel/lodging expenses following the Convention.
About Mike Cleary:
In 2012, the NACMA stipend program was named after National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) Director Emeritus Mike Cleary for his commitment to the development of young professionals. Cleary served as NACDA's lone Executive Director for its first 46 years, prior to his retirement in June 2011. Cleary served as President of the John McLendon Minority Scholarship Foundation and the Michael J. Cleary Northeastern Ohio Chapter of the National Football Foundation until his death in December 2015.
About NACMA: NACMA provides the tools, training and network for collegiate sports marketers to successfully generate revenue, manage brands and develop fans. For more information about NACMA, please visit www.nacma.com. NACMA is administered by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA), which is in its 53rd year. For more information on NACDA and the 17 affiliates that fall under its umbrella, please visit www.nacda.com.