Feb. 20, 2013
Nomination Form / Criteria Sheet
CLEVELAND - The National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators (NACMA) has announced it is now accepting nominations for its 2012-13 Marketing Team of the Year Award (MTOYA). The winner will be announced at the Annual Convention, set to take place June 13-15 in Orlando, FL.
The NACMA MTOYA has been created to recognize teamwork and the group efforts required to be successful in collegiate marketing. Teams may nominate themselves or be nominated by a supervisor or colleague for either the whole of your efforts in a given year, or one particular success on a large-scale project.
To be eligible for the award, the nominees must meet the criteria below:
1. The nominating institutions or at least one nominated individual must be a current, dues paying member of NACMA.
2. The nominees can include team members who are directly or indirectly associated with marketing/promoting their athletics programs and department. This includes but is not limited to: members of administration, marketing, promotions, ticket sales, design, advertising, multimedia, multimedia rights, social media and licensing.
3. There is no minimum number of individuals required to comprise a team. Teams should be limited to a maximum of 10. Availability of resources and the overall return on investment will be requested and considered.
4. The nomination form must be completed in its entirety. Measurable results based on the goals of the campaign or project must be given.
5. As budgets vary greatly from one institution to another, the overall marketing budget will not be a consideration. However, budget can be included in results to show overall return on investment.
The Selection process will go as follows:
- The sum of your efforts and their impact representing your department will be judged by an appointed awards committee comprised of NACMA and NACDA Past Presidents.
- Three marketing teams will be named finalists for the MTOYA and will be notified in May.
- A summary of each finalist's accomplishments will be available through the NACMA Online Library and links will be included in the NACDA Daily Review.
- A brief summary of the three finalists' accomplishments will be reviewed at the NACMA Convention Kickoff session on Thursday, June 13. The winner will also be announced at that session.
To nominate your team or another team, please review the Criteria Sheet and complete the Nomination Form. All nominations must be submitted to Ryan Virtue in the NACDA office by Friday, March 22 via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (440-892-4007), regular or overnight mail (24651 Detroit Rd., Westlake, OH 44145). Please only use one method of submission.
Please contact NACMA Awards Committee Chairs, Joni Smoller (email@example.com or (785) 532-5769) or Christie Anderson (Christie.firstname.lastname@example.org or (406)-243-4336) with any questions.
About NACMA: NACMA is the first organization of its kind to provide educational and networking opportunities; enhancement of acceptable operating standards and ethics; and establishment of the overall prestige and understanding of the profession of athletics marketing administrators. For more information about NACMA, please visit www.nacma.com. NACMA is administered by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA), which is in its 47th year. For more information on NACDA and the 12 professional associations that fall under its umbrella, please visit www.nacda.com.