Feb. 1, 2018
CLEVELAND - NACMA is currently seeking candidates for leadership positions on the Board of Directors.
The NACMA Board of Directors serves as the Association's leaders for the advancement and betterment of the collegiate athletics marketing industry. Each Board member serves a minimum term of four (4) years; in this year's case July 2018-June 2022.
A substantial task each year for the Board is the preparation, planning and implementation of the Association's annual Convention in June. Each NACMA Board member is also responsible for either chairing or co-chairing one of the various committees. Individuals expressing an interest in the NACMA Board of Directors must hold the position of Director of Marketing or above at their institution. The committe will also be considering the following:
- Must be committed to working in the athletics marketing profession for the next five years
- Must be active as a member of NACMA in at least two of the following ways
- Attended Convention at least once in the last two years
- Submitted entries in at least one award category the last two years
- Served as a NACMA conference representative
- Served as an at-large committee member in the last two years
- Presented at Convention
The following is a timeline for the selection process:
Thursday, February 1 - Launch Board Nomination Process
Friday, February 23 – NACMA Board Nomination/Application Deadline
Thursday, March 1 – Candidate applications provided to NACMA Board for Review
Thursday, March 1 – Board Call to discuss candidates
Friday, March 16 – Deadline for Board to rank candidates and identify top candidates
Week of March 26 – Board Development Committee to host Board interviews
Thursday, June 28 – Slate of new Board members to be approved by membership
Saturday, June 30 – New Board Members participate in NACMA Convention Wrap Up Meeting and officially begin Board term
To apply, follow these three simple steps:
- Read the NACMA Board Application Requirements and Selection Process Timeline above
- View the NACMA Leadership and Expectations document, which was created to further educate the NACMA membership regarding the Board setup and its responsibilities.
- Complete the Online Application Form
The deadline to complete the Online Application Form and to submit your resume/bio is Friday, February 23, 2018. No late submissions will be accepted.
Please contact Joni Smoller (NACMA Board Development Committee Chair) with any questions regarding the Board nomination process. You may also contact any of the NACMA Officers or Board of Directors with any questions you may have.
About NACMA: NACMA is the first organization of its kind to provide educational and networking opportunities; enhancement of acceptable operating standards and ethics; and establishment of the overall prestige and understanding of the profession of athletics marketing administrators. For more information about NACMA, please visit www.nacma.com. NACMA is administered by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA), which is in its 52nd year. For more information on NACDA and the 17 professional associations that fall under its umbrella, please visit www.nacda.com.