Aug. 30, 2017
Winter Symposium Stipend Application Form- Deadline to apply for 2018 Winter Symposium Stipend is Friday, September 22.
Purpose - To attract ICLA members who desire to excel in collegiate licensing. The Initiative seeks individuals who want to advance their trademark and licensing career, enhance professional ability to raise funds for their institution/company, and create valuable networking opportunities with numerous collegiate licensing administrators.
Goal - To increase the number of collegiate licensing professionals attending the ICLA Winter Symposium.
For more information on the ICLA Winter Symposium click here.
Specific targeted goals of this initiative:
• Increase the membership of ICLA
• Increase minority involvement within collegiate licensing
• Increase the number of licensing professionals at the ICLA Winter Symposium
• Allow recipients to network with other licensing professionals
• Provide a forum for the recipients to exchange ideas and learn through various educational sessions
• Introduce recipients at the ICLA Winter Symposium
• Identify potential future ICLA Board of Directors
Members requirements for stipend recipients
• Must be a current dues paying member of ICLA - If the applicant is not a current member of ICLA, the stipend may be used to cover the membership fee.
• Job description must involve collegiate licensing responsibilities.
• Have not attended the last ICLA Convention and Winter Symposium, or never attended an ICLA meeting.
• You do not need to be a current ICLA member, however you must meet the requirements above.
• In the case ICLA has more applicants than stipends, years of ICLA membership will be taken into consideration.
• Geographic consideration will be given to ensure the successful applicant(s) will attend.
• If possible, the applicant(s) will represent different geographic regions/institution sizes.
• Consideration will be given for those who have interest in potential leadership roles in ICLA.
• Consideration will be given to ethnicity and gender.
• Past receipt of this award does not disqualify you, but it will be taken into consideration.
The stipend shall include:
• Winter Symposium registration ($375)
• Cost of membership for those who are not currently members ($250 for institutions, $450 for commercial)
• The remaining balance of the $1000 after the deductions for registration/membership (if necessary) may be used to offset the cost of lodging (room and tax only), airfare and/or other travel expenses to be reimbursed by the Association after the Winter Symposium
Up to ten (10) recipients may be selected each year for the Winter Symposium. All recipients must attend the ICLA Winter Symposium to receive the reimbursement.