20 Questions with Dave Lindquist|
March 31, 2014
Name: Dave Lindquist
Position/Institution: Director Licensing & Athletic Properties – University of Minnesota
Number of years in your position: 21 years
Alma Mater(s): Northern Michigan University
Hometown: Ironwood, Michigan
1) Why did you become involved in ICLA?
2) What is your favorite part about being a member of ICLA?
3) What is the biggest challenge to working in a university environment?
4) What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment to date?
5) What is the most important skill you have developed in your career?
6) Who has been the most influential person in your career?
7) What is one item you cannot live without?
8) Who would you chose to switch places with for a day?
9) What is your favorite sporting that event you have ever attended?
10) Why/when did you decide to pursue a career in collegiate licensing?
June 1993, because my future boss said there was an opening for his assistant in Licensing at Minnesota.
11) In your mind, who in this industry can serve as a good role model?
12) How has your involvement with ICLA influenced your career?
13) What educational or business experiences best prepared you for a career in licensing?
14) What challenges do you face when working with students or vendors?
15) Would you please explain a professional success and how you implemented it?
16) In your opinion, where is collegiate licensing headed in the future?
17) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? What advice would you give to someone looking to enter the field of collegiate licensing?
18) What was your biggest professional failure/mistake and how did you learned from it?
19) What percentage of your work-week is spent in your office? How do you maintain balance between your professional and personal life?
20) What are you most looking forward to at the next ICLA Convention or Winter Symposium?