November 2, 2012
Winter Symposium Stipend Form- Deadline to apply for 2013 Winter Symposium Stipend is Friday, December 7
Purpose - To attract ICLA members who desire to excel in collegiate licensing. The Initiative seeks individuals who want to advance their trademark and licensing career, enhance professional ability to raise funds for their institution/company, and create valuable networking opportunities with numerous collegiate licensing administrators.
Goal - To increase the number of collegiate licensing professionals attending the ICLA Convention and Winter Symposium.
For more information on the ICLA Winter Symposium click here.
Specific targeted goals of this initiative:
- Increase the membership of ICLA
- Increase minority involvement within collegiate licensing
- Increase the number of licensing professionals at the ICLA Convention and Winter Symposium
- Allow recipients to network with other licensing professionals
- Provide a forum for the recipients to exchange ideas and learn through various educational sessions
- Introduce recipients at the ICLA Convention and Winter Symposium
- Identify potential future ICLA Board of Directors Members
Requirements for stipend recipients
- Must be a current dues paying member of ICLA or use stipend to pay for ICLA dues
- Job description must involve collegiate licensing responsibilities
- Have not attended the last ICLA Convention and Winter Symposium, or never attended an ICLA meeting
- You do not need to be a current ICLA member however you must meet the requirements above.
- In the case ICLA has more applicants than stipends, years of ICLA membership will be taken into consideration
- Geographic consideration will be given to ensure the successful applicant(s) will attend
- If possible, the applicant(s) will represent different geographic regions
- Consideration will be given for those who have interest in potential leadership roles in ICLA
- Consideration will be given to ethnicity and gender
- Past receipt of this award does not disqualify you, but it will be taken into consideration
The stipend shall include:
- Convention or Winter Symposium registration and the applicant must stay at the designated ICLA hotel (If designated hotel is full, applicant will still be considered)
- Up to $1000 to offset the cost of lodging (room and tax only) and/or airfare to be reimbursed by the Association after the Convention or Winter Symposium
- Up to ten (10) recipients may be selected each year for the Convention AND the Winter Symposium
- The recipients must attend the ICLA Convention or Winter Symposium.