The National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics
NACDA serves as the professional association for those in the field of intercollegiate athletics administration. It provides educational opportunities and serves as a vehicle for networking, the exchange of information, and advocacy on behalf of the profession.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of NACDA to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or age. All employees are expected to comply with NACDA's equal employment opportunity policy.
In achieving this mission, NACDA will embrace these guiding principles:
a) Information services provided to CEOs of the institutions, to media outlets and to the public addressing the nature, scope, issues and challenges relevant to the profession.
• To maintain a broad and active membership base of athletics administrators in post-secondary institutions in North America
• To sponsor a highly informative and motivational annual national convention.
• To provide continuing education opportunities through NACDA's management institute and other programs and events.
• To offer timely and relevant information via the Athletics Administration Magazine.
• To develop programs of strong and viable advocacy on behalf of the profession. This includes:
b) Research and support related to the conditions, salary levels, and the future of the profession.
• To develop a collegial and mutually beneficial relationship with the administration, faculty and students (future athletics administrators) in the sports management programs within the colleges and universities of North America.
• To maintain fiscal, programmatic and operational integrity and accountability as an organization.
• To enhance opportunities for ethnic and gender minorities in the profession through a variety of initiatives and programs.
• To provide consistently excellent customer service.
• With a view toward the future, continue to examine, review and strategically plan how NACDA can enhance its viability and more effectively serve its membership and the profession.