The National Association of Athletic Development Directors (NAADD) is a professional organization created by intercollegiate athletic development directors for intercollegiate athletics development directors. This professional organization provides for the exchange of current trends in intercollegiate fund raising and development.
Levels of Membership
(1) Group Membership ($450) -- A maximum of four athletics development professionals (per membership) at a college or university may join under one membership. One of these members will be designated the primary contact for account maintenance purposes. Any member above four is an additional $100 per member up to 10 total members.
(2) Active Members ($125) -- Any individual who is employed by the athletics department or the development arm for the department of a college or university and who works on the department's development activities.
(3) Student Members ($25) -- Any individual enrolled as a student in a curriculum for a degree in sports administration, or a related field, with an interest in athletics development.
(4) Affiliate Members ($125) -- Any individual who is employed by a conference or bowl involved with athletics development.
(5) Commercial Members ($250) -- Any individual who is employed by a commercial vendor.
(6) Institutional Membership ($1,000) -- A minimum of ten athletics development professionals at a college or university may join under this option. One of these members will be designated the primary contact for account maintenance purposes. This membership option does not have a limit to the number of members from your development and/or athletics staff that you can add.
NAADD Membership Benefits
NAADD Resource Center
Access to the NAADD Resource Center (www.naaddresourcecenter.com/); a web-based platform that provides members the opportunity to upload resources and update their profiles directly on the site to increase interaction outside of the annual Convention. It gives members a fantastic resource to share ideas and provide information with fellow development administrators.
NAADD Annual Convention
Recent highlights include panel discussions from actual donors of all levels, directors of athletics' perspective on the evolution of our profession, professional development/management styles, open forums, and institutional advancement relationships.
Speakers and moderators represent a diverse population of the intercollegiate athletics landscape including all levels of NCAA and NAIA membership, when applicable.
NAADD Listserv/NAADD Corner
In each edition of NACDA's official magazine, Athletics Administration, the "NAADD Corner" column addresses a specific topic relative to the athletics development field. In addition, the NAADD Listserv answers the questions affecting our members most by using the most comprehensive e-mail system in the industry.
University Graduate School Studies
NAADD partners with several of the leading graduate schools in the country in order to gain numerous surveys, case studies, and other appropriate athletics development information for our members.
NAADD Diversity Initiative Scholarships
A five year initiative that currently has resulted in $87,000 of scholarship support for deserving minority candidates interested in the field of athletics development. The scholarship includes free registration to the NAADD Convention, a special recognition opportunity and reimbursement of travel expenses.
NAADD Membership Directory
An online directory that allows for the expansion of networking amongst all levels of membership. NAADD provides the contact information to the most influential people in collegiate athletics.
Opportunity to participate in the NAADD Awards program and nominate deserving individuals for Fundraiser of the Year and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Members Only NAADD website
Exclusive library containing real-world examples provided by development administrators at various institutions. Material includes gift proposals, stewardship reports, donor emails and marketing brochures.
NAADD Conference Volunteer Program
A partnership between the NAADD Executive Committee and the NAADD Conference Representatives that paves the way for the NAADD legacy to cast a wider net on the development profession. The Conference Representatives serve as the voice of their conference's members and help spread NAADD resources to each individual member.
Throughout the year, NAADD will provide its members with educational webinars. These webinars will examine different issues that are currently affecting the world of collegiate athletics development. NAADD will provide these webinars at no extra cost to its members.
All memberships run concurrent with the school year and are valid through August 31. For additional information, contact Brian Horning, Director - Membership Services at 440-788-7469.