Learfield Sports Directors' Cup General Information
Learfield Sports, NACDA Renew Directors' Cup Partnership through 2016 (June 2011)
Learfield Sports Named Directors' Cup Sponsor (August 2008)
A program that honors institutions maintaining a broad-based program, achieving success in many sports, both men's and women's. Began in 1993-94 for Division I by NACDA and USA Today, it was expanded in 1995-96 to include Division II, III and the NAIA and, in 2011-12, expanded to the Junior/Community Colleges.
Each institution is awarded points in a pre-determined number of sports for men and women.
The overall champion is the institution that records the highest number of points in their division's Directors' Cup standings.
The winner receives a crystal trophy.
- Division I -- 20, 10 men's and 10 women's
- Division II -- 14, seven men's and seven women's
- Division III -- 18, nine men's and nine women's
- NAIA -- 12, six men's and six women's
- Junior/Community College -- highest scoring institution in the NATYCAA Cup standings among the NJCAA Scholarship and Non-Scholarship Institutions and State Associations
- Points are given to those institutions advancing to either the NCAA, NAIA or two-year college/university championships.
- Points are NOT awarded for conference championships.
Standings will be updated on NACDA's website, Learfield Sports website and published in USA Today.
Since 1972, Learfield has developed trusted, long-term relationships with some of the most revered institutions and associations in the world of collegiate athletics. Learfield Sports currently manages the exclusive multimedia rights to nearly 100 collegiate properties in the country and has prominence in all of the major conferences. Additionally, Learfield Sports offers its university partners with licensing and trademark consulting, web solutions, concessions and hospitality services, and professional ticket sales. The 2014-15 athletic season marks the company's seventh consecutive year to title the prestigious Learfield Sports Directors' Cup. For more about its history and complete collegiate portfolio, visit www.learfieldsports.com.
Questions on the program should be directed to Brian Horning (440-788-7469) Julie Work (440-788-7468) in the NACDA office.