Learfield Directors' Cup General Information
Learfield Sports, NACDA Renew Directors' Cup Partnership through 2016 (June 2011)
Learfield Sports Named Directors' Cup Sponsor (August 2008)
A program that honors institutions maintaining a broad-based program, achieving success in many sports, both men's and women's. Began in 1993-94 for Division I by NACDA and USA Today, it was expanded in 1995-96 to include Division II, III and the NAIA and, in 2011-12, expanded to the Junior/Community Colleges.
Each institution is awarded points in a pre-determined number of sports for men and women.
The overall champion is the institution that records the highest number of points in their division's Directors' Cup standings.
The winner receives a crystal trophy.
- Division I -- 20, 10 men's and 10 women's
- Division II -- 14, seven men's and seven women's
- Division III -- 18, nine men's and nine women's
- NAIA -- 12, six men's and six women's
- Junior/Community College -- highest scoring institution in the NATYCAA Cup standings among the NJCAA Scholarship and Non-Scholarship Institutions and State Associations
- Points are given to those institutions advancing to either the NCAA, NAIA or two-year college/university championships.
- Points are NOT awarded for conference championships.
Standings will be updated on NACDA's website, Learfield website and published in USA Today.
An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for 120 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield Directors’ Cup. Learfield also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; licensing and trademark consulting; digital platform expertise; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies. For more about Learfield’s history, businesses and career opportunities, visit www.learfieldsports.com.
Questions on the program should be directed to Brian Horning (440-788-7469) Julie Work (440-788-7468) in the NACDA office.