About | Scoring Structure | Current Standings | Previous Standings | Release Schedule/Sports Included | News Releases
INTERESTED IN HELPING PROMOTE THE LEARFIELD DIRECTORS' CUP ON YOUR CAMPUS? ... CLICK HERE
Learfield Directors' Cup General Information
Learfield Sports, NACDA Renew Directors' Cup Partnership through 2016 (June 2011)
Learfield Sports Named Directors' Cup Sponsor (August 2008)
A program that honors institutions maintaining a broad-based program, achieving success in many sports, both men's and women's. Began in 1993-94 for Division I by NACDA and USA Today, it was expanded in 1995-96 to include Division II, III and the NAIA and, in 2011-12, expanded to the Junior/Community Colleges.
Each institution is awarded points in a pre-determined number of sports for men and women.
The overall champion is the institution that records the highest number of points in their division's Directors' Cup standings.
The winner receives a crystal trophy.
Sports Included (scoring change in 2017-18)
- Division I: Count 19 sports with the following breakdowns (decreased by 1, 19.1 avg.)
- Four of which must be Baseball and Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball and Women's Volleyball
- The next highest 15 (max.) sports scored for each institution, regardless of gender, will be used in the standings
- Division II: Count top 15 (increased by 1, 15.3 avg.)
- Four of which must be Men's Basketball, Baseball, Women's Basketball and Volleyball
- The next highest 11 (max.) sports scored for each institution, regardless of gender, will be used in the standings
- Division III: Count top 18 (stayed the same, 17.8 avg)
- Four of which must be Men's Basketball, Men's Soccer, Women's Basketball and Women's Soccer
- The next highest 14 (max.) sports scored for each institution, regardless of gender, will be used in the standings
- NAIA: Count top 13 (increased by 1, 13.4 avg. championship sports)
- Four of which must be Men's Basketball, Men's Soccer, Women's Basketball and Women's Volleyball
- The next highest 9 (max.) sports scored for each institution, regardless of gender will be used in the standings
- Junior/Community College: highest scoring institution in the NATYCAA Cup standings among the NJCAA Scholarship and Non-Scholarship Institutions and State Associations
- Points are given to those institutions advancing to either the NCAA, NAIA or two-year college/university championships.
- Points are NOT awarded for conference championships.
Standings will be updated on NACDA's website, Learfield website and published in USA Today.
An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 130 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic department’s at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield Directors’ Cup. Learfield also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Questions on the program should be directed to Brian Horning (440-788-7469) Julie Work (440-788-7468) in the NACDA office.