CEFMA Mentorship Program
In an effort to support the continual development of its members, CEFMA is proud to offer a mentorship program as a benefit to its membership. The program, which takes place from October through the annual Convention in June each year, seeks to engage the CEFMA membership with educational programs; promote the growth among future leaders in event and facility management; and provide a connection between entry-level event and facility managers and senior level administrators.
In order to participate in the program, participants must meet the following requirements:
1. Participant MUST be a current dues paying member of CEFMA
2. Mentor Criteria
- Mentor should have seven (7) years of full time experience in event/facilities management
- Mentor should have a general interest in young professionals and a history of developing and placing event/facility professionals
- Mentor should be willing to commit to the program from October to June
- Mentor must complete an application form
3. Mentee Criteria
- Mentee should have a desire for career advancement
- Mentee should be willing to commit to the program from October to June
- Mentee must complete an application form
- Mentee will establish individual goals which will guide discussions
4. Mentor/Mentee should schedule and complete a minimum of four calls/interactions in a programming year, though more frequent correspondence/interaction is always encouraged
Acceptance to the program is on a first come, first served basis and the number of mentees accepted will be based on the number of secured mentors in the respective programming year. Attendance at the CEFMA Convention is strongly encouraged.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY AS A MENTOR
CLICK HERE TO APPLY AS A MENTEE
COMPLETE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The deadline for applying to the 2017-18 Mentorship Program is Monday, September 25. Any questions may be directed to Katie Newman (email@example.com) or Laura Zambrana (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the national office.